Download the job posting as a PDF: Executive Director Posting 11.2017
To Apply: Call 844-743-3932 x3 or email email@example.com.
WeCAB Position Description
Position Title: Executive Director
Reports to: WeCAB Umbrella Board of Directors
The Executive Director (ED) of WeCAB works closely with the Board of Directors, Chapter Program Directors, staff and volunteers to execute WeCAB’s supplemental transportation program in a fiscally responsible manner that aligns with WeCAB’s overall strategic mission. Key responsibilities include public relations, marketing and fundraising, community outreach and volunteer recruitment.
WeCAB’s mission is to provide supplemental transportation that is safe, affordable and flexible to those who are unable to drive themselves in WeCAB’s service areas.
The WeCAB program provides supplemental transportation in WeCAB’s service areas to individuals who are unable to drive to medical appointments, grocery stores and food shelves, church, volunteer or social events.
1. Carries out the directives and policy decisions of the WeCAB Board of Directors.
2. Recommends policies, procedures and strategies to the WeCAB Board for approval.
3. Implements an ongoing program evaluation to ensure continuing programmatic
1. Coordinates all aspects of the WeCAB program.
2. Maintains, and ensures that updates occur to WeCAB policy and procedure manuals, position descriptions, volunteer position applications, and other relevant program materials.
3. Recommends the hiring of staff to the WeCAB Board.
4. Recruits, supervises, trains, develops and evaluates staff to ensure a stable organization.
5. Works closely with Chapter Program Directors, and as appropriate, with chapter rider registrars, volunteer dispatch coordinators, and driver coordinators.
6. Sets work priorities and monitors progress towards established goals and objectives.
7. Ensures that all corporate and government legal documents and registrations and requirements are current and in place.
1. Works closely with Chapter Program Directors and assists in the recruitment and development of volunteer networks to ensure a sustainable WeCAB program.
2. As appropriate, works closely with other volunteer groups and organizations to promote and supplement WeCAB’s volunteer program.
3. Maintains the WeCAB volunteer recognition program.
1. On an annual basis, and no later than two months prior to the Annual WeCAB Board meeting, prepares and recommends WeCAB program goals for the upcoming fiscal year to WeCAB’s Board of Directors for approval at the Annual WeCAB Board meeting.
2. Causes to be prepared and approved, no later than the WeCAB annual Board Meeting, an annual operational budget.
3. Seeks out and prepares appropriate grant applications to help ensure a sustainable
4. In consultation with Chapter Program Directors, establishes an ongoing program of fundraising in WeCAB’s service areas and beyond that supports WeCAB’s supplemental transportation program.
5. As appropriate and required, ensures that all program and statistical program reporting responsibilities are completed and presented to the WeCAB Board, donors, program fund grantors, and other interested parties.
1. Shares information about the WeCAB program at events and outreach opportunities with Chapter Program Directors.
2. Uses appropriate social media, internet and Website to convey WeCAB’s mission and objective to a broad audience.
3. As directed and determined by the WeCAB Board, leads and directs program expansion efforts into additional service areas.
1. Communicates in a timely effective manner with the WeCAB Board, providing succinct information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2. Works in partnership with the WeCAB Board to ensure integrity and strength on the Board.
3. Actively recruits potential board members for Board consideration.
4. Coordinates, and prepares all relevant materials for regular Board meetings, annual meeting, and volunteer appreciation events.
1. As applicable and directed, attend appropriate training workshops, seminars and grantor meetings to ensure ongoing personal development and grant program compliance.
2. From time to time, the Board and ED may agree upon other duties and responsibilities to fulfill program responsibilities.
1. Undergraduate degree preferred and/or 3 – 5 years of commensurate previous work or volunteer experience with non-profit organizations.
2. Ability to work with a Board of Directors, staff, clients and volunteers.
3. Administrative and supervisory experience is preferred.
4. Fundraising, public relations, and volunteer recruitment experience is strongly desired.
5. Additional strengths and experience considered: problem solving, listening and communication skills, and a collaborative style.
Terms of Employment:
1. The Executive Director will be a half-time salaried position and will serve as an Independent Contractor. Half-time is defined as working an average of 20 hours/week.
2. Following a 90-day probationary period from hiring date, the Executive Director will be eligible for a two-week paid vacation/year in addition to WeCAB Holidays, which include December 31 (New Year’s Eve), January 1 (New Year’s Day), Memorial Day, Independence Day (July 4), Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, December 24 (Christmas Eve), Christmas Day, and December 26. If Dec. 24 and/or 25 falls on a weekend.
3. Potential increases in annual compensation will be reviewed annually as determined by the WeCAB Umbrella Board of Directors. Increases in compensation will be based on past performance as well as on a discussion of goals and objectives between the Board and the Executive Director for the upcoming fiscal year. WeCAB’s fiscal year begins October 1 and ends September 30.
4. The Executive Director will be provided an office and necessary technology to perform his/her responsibilities.